From the Activity Guide: Professional vs. DIY
Listen for the following instruments in these songs:
- The Typewriter – I think it’s pretty clear what you’re listening for here!
- Toy Symphony – This piece uses many different toys and noisemakers throughout.
- Anvil Chorus – That metal banging sound you hear throughout the end of this piece? Those are people actually hammering metal anvils, just like blacksmiths use.
- Piano Concerto, Khatchaturian – At about 2:40 into this piece, listen for the flexatone, a crazy metal percussion instrument rarely used in orchestra music.
- Pines of Rome: The Pines of the Janiculum – At the end of this piece you’ll hear pre-recorded bird sounds.
- Finale from 1812 Overture – The end of this piece uses actual cannons!
For activities to go along with this playlist, go to Professional vs. DIY