Inside the Orchestra School Confirmation
To ensure that your school has the best possible experience with our programs, please make certain that you are able to provide the following for the Inside the Orchestra programs:
- A gym or multi-purpose room – big enough for 300 children seated on the floor surrounded by a 15-piece orchestra
- A sound system with microphone
- 20 chairs for the musicians and performers
- Piano (recently tuned is preferable) and sturdy bench; no electric keyboards. If your piano cannot be moved into the performance space, please mark that a piano is not available.
Additionally, please make certain:
- The performance space is available at least 45 minutes prior to the performance time for set-up
- To let your colleagues know about the assembly so all of your students can participate
- No other field trips are scheduled the day Inside the Orchestra visits your school
- No bells, announcements or fire drills are scheduled during the assemblies
Teachers are asked to sit with their class during the performance. If teachers are not able to attend, other staff must be present to supervise.
Complete the CONFIRMATION FORM below as soon as possible in order to confirm your scheduled time. After submitting your confirmation form, you will receive the following teaching materials:
- Inside the Orchestra Program Guide – an overview of the program and music your students will hear
- Lesson Plans – additional content to continue the musical learning in your classroom
You will also receive a link to the Inside the Orchestra Program Evaluation. Please fill this out within 48 hours of your performances– your thoughts about our program are important to us and our funders. Additionally, you can share the form with any teacher in attendance.
You may also find these materials on our website.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with your students.