Musical Games: The Classics
From the Activity Guide: Musical Games!
Bring back some oldies-but-goodies using the upbeat playlist below.
- Musical Chairs – You know this classic game. You can play it with a bigger family or a super frenzied version with just a few people. When you stop the music, everyone has to grab a chair. The person without a chair is out! The last person remaining wins.
- Freeze! – Similar to musical chairs, when the music stops everybody freezes. Anyone that moves is out!
- Musical Charades – Write down popular songs on slips of paper. Take turns acting out the song!
- Musical Hide & Seek – Using a musical toy (or playing music on your phone or device), hide the toy/device somewhere and the child(ren) need to find it by listening for it.
- Tissue Dance – Give each child a tissue to put on their head. Have them dance to music, but the winner is the one who keeps the tissue on their head. Good for learning balance, and for lots of laughs!
- Hot Potato – Sit in a circle and find a “hot potato” to pass around. As the music plays, keep on passing it. Whoever is holding the “hot potato” when the music stops is out.
Find this and other games in the full Activity Guide: Musical Games!
Check out online musical games here.