Peru – Music of the Rainforest
The Sounds of the Rainforest
Watch this video to hear what it sounds like inside the rainforest.
- Have your children write down or draw pictures of what they hear.
- Ask them:
- What sounds are familiar?
- What sounds have they never heard before?
- How do the sounds make them feel?
After listening to the sounds of the rainforest, bring them into your home or classroom with a rainstick instrument DIY.
Check out this rainstick tutorial from Buggy and Buddy.
For each rainstick, you’ll need just a handful of materials:
- A cardboard tube, ideally a paper towel tube
- Pipe cleaners, tin foil, or wire that can be twisted and put inside the tube to help make the sound
- Uncooked rice, beans, beads or another small, hard object
- Tape or glue
- Materials to decorate your rainstick – paint, markers, string, etc.
Once you have made your rainsticks, use them to play along with this playlist of music from Peru.