Navigating the Online Tiny Tots Portal
Thank you for joining us for Tiny Tots online! We are thrilled to share these programs and all the activities with you. Please make sure to read this entire page thoroughly for an overview on how the platform works so that you can get right in and explore the music.
Your Explore the Outdoors activity book will be shipped within a day of your order.
You should already have your username and password. Access the Tiny Tots portal through this link. If you have a full season package, you will have access to all program releases for the 2020-21 season through the portal linked above. If you are signed up for a single program package, you will only see that program in the portal linked above.
NAVIGATING TINY TOTS ONLINE
Please note: Tiny Tots programming is best experienced on a computer or a tablet.
We highly recommend one of those options over a cell phone.
Step One: Pick a Program. Pick which program you want to explore. Each program will have performances, online activities, and suggestions for offline activities for that theme. There is a lot of content you can return back to multiple times. This what the homepage will look like until the next program release in November:
Step Two: Pick a Language. Each language portal contains all the exact same content, just in different languages.
Step Three: Pick a Section. Here is what you’ll find in each section.
Performance Videos: This section contains all the performances.
- Full Performance. You can watch the full performance in a single video in the left column. The full performances from beginning to end will be 40-45 minutes long.
- Short, Individual Video Performances: You can also watch each of the individual pieces of music using icons in the right column. These icons can be picked by the activity associated with the piece (which is on the icon).
- Instrument Sorting: You can also sort the individual videos by instruments in them by clicking the instrument family icons in the center column.
Activities and Games: This section contains online games, playlists, activity suggestions, e-guides for parents and teachers, and additional videos.
- Online games: In the Explore the Outdoors portal, you can learn about the string family, color, hear animal sounds, and more. There are two online drawing activities – one where you can trace a bass, and one where you can draw yourself as a musician. Sometimes those show up very small (we’re figuring this glitch out). You can fix the issue by refreshing or clicking back and then returning to the activity.
- Explore the music and themes with activity posts on a variety of subjects.
- Find resources for adults with additional learning tools, links, and playlists to continue bringing music to children. Make sure you check out the full activity guides to find information and activities for every piece of music in the program.
DON’T FORGET! EVERYTHING IS CLICKABLE
Click on everything! The cartoon characters will share fun facts and make activity suggestions.
- Please do not share your login with others.
- Inside the Orchestra is a nonprofit organization working hard to serve our mission during unprecedented times. If you enjoy the Tiny Tots experience and would like to share (and we hope you will!) please direct people to sign up for a program package themselves.
- If you do share about the experience on social media, please tag us @insideorchestra on Facebook or Instagram with #TinyTotsTour