Today is the release of the second program of the season, Tiny Tots: Explore the Outdoors. We are thrilled to share this program and all the activities with you. Please make sure to read this entire email thoroughly for an overview on how the platform works so that you can get right in and explore the music. This is how each platform will be set up throughout the season.
Your Explore the Outdoors activity book is on the way in the mail today (9/8/2020). You should receive it this week. If you signed up in the last week and bought a Hybrid or VIP package, your merchandise is on the way as well.
For those with multiple activity books: If you did a buy-up package for more than one activity book, you’ll be getting each of those books individually in their own envelope. A note on nonprofit mail – it is far less expensive to send items using nonprofit bulk mail rates, but they all must match (the contents of the envelopes cannot vary). We’re able to keep our shipping costs low even though we’ll be mailing to you five times this year by sending items this way. Our suggestion is that you have fun with it and let each child in your household open their very own envelope that contains just their activity book.
You have already been sent an email from me with your login information for the season. If you have issues logging in, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a full season package, you will access everything through this portal for the remainder of the season. That means you have access to Play with Music and Explore the Outdoors now.
If you are signed up for a single program package – just Explore the Outdoors – that is the only option you will see when you log in. If interested, you can upgrade to a full season here.
Here is the link to the Tiny Tots portal: https://static.insidetheorchestra.org/all-virtual-tiny-tots/
NAVIGATING TINY TOTS ONLINE
Please note: Tiny Tots programming is best experienced on a computer or a tablet.
We highly recommend one of those options over a cell phone.
The portal is designed so that everything is clickable and takes you to a performance or an activity.
- First Step: Pick a Language. Once you log-in, choose which language you’d like to explore in. Each language portal contains all the exact same content, just in different languages.
- Next step: Pick a Section. Here is what you’ll find in each section.
- This section of the platform contains all the performances.
- Full Performance: You can watch the full performance in a single video in the left column. The full performance from beginning to end is about 42 minutes long. The icon looks like this:
- Short, Individual Video Performances: You can also watch each of the individual pieces of music using icons in the right column. These icons can be picked by the activity associated with the piece (which is on the icon).
- Instrument Sorting: You can also sort the individual videos by instruments in them by clicking the instrument family icons in the center column.
Activities and Games:
- You can play online games: Learn about the string family, color, hear animal sounds, and more. There are two online drawing activities – one where you can trace a bass, and one where you can draw yourself as a musician. Sometimes those show up very small (we’re figuring this glitch out). You can fix the issue by refreshing or clicking back and then returning to the activity.
- Explore the music and themes with activity posts on a variety of subjects.
- Find resources for adults with additional learning tools, links, and playlists to continue bringing music to children. Make sure you check out the full activity guide to find information and activities for every piece of music in the program. You can also access the activity guides through this email in English, Spanish, and French.
Go Back: You can click back on your browser or the “Go back” button in the bottom left-hand corner to go back to the prior page and explore a different section.
DON’T FORGET! EVERYTHING IS CLICKABLE
- Click on everything! The cartoon characters will share fun facts and make activity suggestions.
- Please do not share your login with others.
- Inside the Orchestra is a nonprofit organization working hard to serve our mission during unprecedented times. If you enjoy the Tiny Tots experience and would like to share (and we hope you will!) please direct people to sign up for a program package themselves.
- If you do share about the experience on social media, please tag us @insideorchestra on Facebook or Instagram with #TinyTotsTour