Colorado Gives Day, this year on Tuesday, December 6th, 2016, is a “statewide movement to celebrate and increase philanthropy through online giving.” Supported by the Community First Foundation for the past seven years, it is a day meant to inspire all Coloradans to “give where they live” and to support the many vibrant nonprofit organizations that our state is so lucky to benefit from.
One important aspect of Colorado Gives Day is that the website creates full transparency for donors, empowering them to give to organizations with the confidence that they have made an impactful donation that will be used to support programs they care most about. ColoradoGives.org allows community members to see comprehensive information on participating nonprofits including their programs, important financial documents, and their impact on the community. There are over 1800 nonprofit organizations registered on the ColoradoGives.org website, and all of them are recognized by the IRS and are in good standing with the Secretary of State.
Why Support Inside the Orchestra in particular?
Community First Foundation and First Bank, Colorado Gives Day’s founder and biggest sponsor respectively, offer incredible perks for nonprofits and donors who give on Gives Day.
- There is a $1,000,000 incentive fund, and each nonprofit that receives a donation on Colorado Gives Day will get a share of that money. How much money the nonprofit gets from the fund is proportional to how much they raise: for example, if a nonprofit receives 10% of the money donated on Colorado Gives Day, it will get 10% of the million dollar incentive fund.
- Every nonprofit that raises more money on Gives Day than they did the previous year is entered in to win a $5,000 prize. There are thirteen $5,000 prizes that will be given out randomly.
- The credit card processing fees are low. Donations made through the Gives Day website only face a 2% credit card processing fee- typically, online transactions face closer to a 3% processing fee.
Our donors are an integral part of everything we do at Inside the Orchestra. Your support allows us to continue bringing music to Colorado’s children. It allows us to go into our community and change lives through the incredible power of music and the arts. Every single dollar you donate makes a difference.
- A $50 donation allows 5 kids to have access to Tiny Tots.
- $300 allows an entire classroom of high-need children to get inside the orchestra.
- A $2,500 donation funds Inside the Orchestra for Schools programs for up to 600 kids.
Your support this Colorado Gives Day means so much to Inside the Orchestra. We could not do it with you. Make your donation online at ColoradoGives.org/InsideOrchestra.
It all begins with you.